Arunachal BJP unit protests simultaneous polls
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh unit of BJP has lodged its protest with Election Commission of India (EC) on the alleged demand of the state government to conduct simultaneous Lok Sabha and assembly polls in the state.
The party in a representation to the EC yesterday said that the proposal violated Section 15 of Representation of the People Act, which states that state assembly election cannot be notified any time earlier than 6 months before the date on which the duration of the sitting assembly expires.
"The term of the Arunachal Pradesh state legislative assembly will expire on November 4 next and scheduling the two elections simultaneously can hamper ongoing development projects in the state as the financial year is about to close besides forcing a division of manpower during elections," the party said in the representation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi