Arunachal BJP urges central party to take up incursion issue
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of BJP has asked the party`s central leadership to take up the issue of Chinese incursion into the state`s territory with the Centre.
A delegation of the party led by its president Tai Tagak, including national general secretary Tapir Gao and party spokesperson Techi Necha, called on BJP president, Rajnath Singh at New Delhi on Monday and apprised him of regular incursions by China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) in various border sectors of Arunachal Pradesh, including Kibhitoo and Chaglagam in Anjaw district, besides Bumla and Zemittang in Tawang district.
Tagak informed Singh that the regular incursion bid by China has caused panic in the area, party said on Tuesday.
"There is constant threat to Arunachal`s internal and external security. The recent incursion of the PLA at Plam Plam near the last border outpost Chaglagam is a matter of great concern which was noticed after a few days time," Tagak said.
He also drew the attention of the party high command to the urgent need of properly manning the border, the sources said.
Tagak also apprised Singh of several other important issues, including law and order situation in the state.
Rajnath, however, assured that the BJP central leadership has always a soft corner for the border state of Arunachal Pradesh and the party has identified its programmes for the state if voted back to power, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!