Arunachal BJP urges central party to take up incursion issue
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of BJP has asked the party`s central leadership to take up the issue of Chinese incursion into the state`s territory with the Centre.
A delegation of the party led by its president Tai Tagak, including national general secretary Tapir Gao and party spokesperson Techi Necha, called on BJP president, Rajnath Singh at New Delhi on Monday and apprised him of regular incursions by China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) in various border sectors of Arunachal Pradesh, including Kibhitoo and Chaglagam in Anjaw district, besides Bumla and Zemittang in Tawang district.
Tagak informed Singh that the regular incursion bid by China has caused panic in the area, party said on Tuesday.
"There is constant threat to Arunachal`s internal and external security. The recent incursion of the PLA at Plam Plam near the last border outpost Chaglagam is a matter of great concern which was noticed after a few days time," Tagak said.
He also drew the attention of the party high command to the urgent need of properly manning the border, the sources said.
Tagak also apprised Singh of several other important issues, including law and order situation in the state.
Rajnath, however, assured that the BJP central leadership has always a soft corner for the border state of Arunachal Pradesh and the party has identified its programmes for the state if voted back to power, sources added.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt