Arunachal bridge collapse: 14 still missing
Itanagar: Fourteen people, who went missing
after Saturday`s bridge collapse in Arunchal Pradesh`s East
Kameng district, are still to be traced by the joint search
team, officials on Monday said.
The joint team of ITBP, CRPF and police were searching 20
km downstream from Seppa but could not trace a single body,
According to them, 49 people had fallen into the river
Kameng. Six had drowned, while 29 were rescued.
The officials said there was standing instruction at the
wire rope suspension bridge that not more than six persons
should cross it at a time, adding it gave way after the limit
The villagers were using the bridge to go out to hunt for
an edible insect `tari`.
Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin has already announced that
his government would constitute a one-man committee to probe
the cause of the collapse.
Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjay has announced Rs one lakh
for the next of the kin of the deceased, Rs 50,000 for the
critically injured and Rs 25,000 for those with lesser
injuries from his MPLAD fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion