Arunachal bridge collapse: 14 still missing
Itanagar: Fourteen people, who went missing
after Saturday`s bridge collapse in Arunchal Pradesh`s East
Kameng district, are still to be traced by the joint search
team, officials on Monday said.
The joint team of ITBP, CRPF and police were searching 20
km downstream from Seppa but could not trace a single body,
According to them, 49 people had fallen into the river
Kameng. Six had drowned, while 29 were rescued.
The officials said there was standing instruction at the
wire rope suspension bridge that not more than six persons
should cross it at a time, adding it gave way after the limit
The villagers were using the bridge to go out to hunt for
an edible insect `tari`.
Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin has already announced that
his government would constitute a one-man committee to probe
the cause of the collapse.
Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjay has announced Rs one lakh
for the next of the kin of the deceased, Rs 50,000 for the
critically injured and Rs 25,000 for those with lesser
injuries from his MPLAD fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read