Arunachal bridge collapse: 14 still missing
Itanagar: Fourteen people, who went missing
after Saturday`s bridge collapse in Arunchal Pradesh`s East
Kameng district, are still to be traced by the joint search
team, officials on Monday said.
The joint team of ITBP, CRPF and police were searching 20
km downstream from Seppa but could not trace a single body,
According to them, 49 people had fallen into the river
Kameng. Six had drowned, while 29 were rescued.
The officials said there was standing instruction at the
wire rope suspension bridge that not more than six persons
should cross it at a time, adding it gave way after the limit
The villagers were using the bridge to go out to hunt for
an edible insect `tari`.
Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin has already announced that
his government would constitute a one-man committee to probe
the cause of the collapse.
Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjay has announced Rs one lakh
for the next of the kin of the deceased, Rs 50,000 for the
critically injured and Rs 25,000 for those with lesser
injuries from his MPLAD fund.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics