Arunachal bridge collapse: 2 rescued, 12 missing
Itanagar: Two persons missing after
Saturday`s bridge collapse were on Tuesday rescued but there was no
trace of 12 others who had fallen into the Kameng River.
Authorities have so far rescued 31 of the 49 people who
fell in the river after the collapse of the wire suspension
Superintendent of Police of East Kameng district Kime Aya
said 12 persons were still missing.
Six persons had drowned, according to the joint team of
ITBP, CRPF and police which had been searching for the missing
20 km downstream.
The bridge had caved in under the weight of people, who
were looking for some edible insects. At best six people could
mount the bridge at a given time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!