Arunachal bridge collapse: 2 rescued, 12 missing
Itanagar: Two persons missing after
Saturday`s bridge collapse were on Tuesday rescued but there was no
trace of 12 others who had fallen into the Kameng River.
Authorities have so far rescued 31 of the 49 people who
fell in the river after the collapse of the wire suspension
Superintendent of Police of East Kameng district Kime Aya
said 12 persons were still missing.
Six persons had drowned, according to the joint team of
ITBP, CRPF and police which had been searching for the missing
20 km downstream.
The bridge had caved in under the weight of people, who
were looking for some edible insects. At best six people could
mount the bridge at a given time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government scuttled bill for Andhra: Congress
- 'Over confidence' not the reason behind Pakistan's struggle in second test: Grant Flower
- Govt trying to pass GST bill this session: Meghwal
- Complaint against JD(U) MLA for demanding Rs 20 lakh
- Black money: Willing to walk extra mile to address concerns over IDS, says Govt