Arunachal bridge collapse: 2 rescued, 12 missing
Itanagar: Two persons missing after
Saturday`s bridge collapse were on Tuesday rescued but there was no
trace of 12 others who had fallen into the Kameng River.
Authorities have so far rescued 31 of the 49 people who
fell in the river after the collapse of the wire suspension
Superintendent of Police of East Kameng district Kime Aya
said 12 persons were still missing.
Six persons had drowned, according to the joint team of
ITBP, CRPF and police which had been searching for the missing
20 km downstream.
The bridge had caved in under the weight of people, who
were looking for some edible insects. At best six people could
mount the bridge at a given time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire