Arunachal bridge collapse: 2 rescued, 12 missing
Itanagar: Two persons missing after
Saturday`s bridge collapse were on Tuesday rescued but there was no
trace of 12 others who had fallen into the Kameng River.
Authorities have so far rescued 31 of the 49 people who
fell in the river after the collapse of the wire suspension
Superintendent of Police of East Kameng district Kime Aya
said 12 persons were still missing.
Six persons had drowned, according to the joint team of
ITBP, CRPF and police which had been searching for the missing
20 km downstream.
The bridge had caved in under the weight of people, who
were looking for some edible insects. At best six people could
mount the bridge at a given time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC