Arunachal bridge collapse toll reaches 15
Itanagar: With nine more bodies recovered, the death toll in the October 29 bridge collapse at Seppa in East Kameng district rose to 15, official sources said on Monday.
The deputy commissioner of East Kameng Tope Bam in a report said nine more bodies were recovered yesterday and one person Pazo Sonam (45) is still missing.
After the bridge collapsed, the Army, ITBP, CRPF and state police had launched massive search operation and rescued 47 people with 10 in serious conditions.
The bridge collapsed on October 29 evening when 63 people, mostly children, were crossing the bridge to catch an insect locally known as `tari`.
The weak bridge was constructed way back in 1987 and commissioned in 1992.
He informed that a committee has been constituted to disburse the ex-gratia by identifying the right claimants.
"A medical board headed by district hospital’s medical superintendent has been constituted to physically verify those sustained major and minor injuries for easy disbursement of the ex-gratia amount," Bam said in the report.
The state government had already released an amount of Rs 19 lakh as ex-gratia to the victims, while Congress president Sonia Gandhi also paid Rs six lakh and Lok Sabha member from Arunachal Takam Sanjoy announced ex-gratia payment of Rs one lakh to the dead, Rs 50,000 to those who received serious injury and Rs 25,000 to those with minor injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH