Arunachal Cabinet expansion: Tuki inducts nine ministers
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today expanded his ministry by inducting nine Cabinet ministers, including one new face.
Tuki retained eight former ministers while Takam Pario is the new face in the council of ministers. The newly inducted ministers include Tanga Byaling, Chowna Mein, Kalikho Pul, Kamlung Mossang, Tapang Taloh, Pema Khandu, Gojen Gadi, Kumar Waii and Pario.
Governor Lt Gen (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new ministers in a function held at the Darbar Hall of the Raj Bhawan here this evening.
Tuki was sworn in on May 18 last for a second consecutive term after ruling Congress won 42 seats. The portfolios of the ministers would be allocated tomorrow and two more ministers would be inducted in phased manners after due consultation with party`s high command, Tuki told reporters.
The appointment of parliamentary secretaries would be made on June 3 along with election of senior party Legislators Nabum Rebia as the new speaker of the Sixth Legislative Assembly which is commencing tomorrow, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you