Arunachal Cabinet expansion: Tuki inducts nine ministers
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today expanded his ministry by inducting nine Cabinet ministers, including one new face.
Tuki retained eight former ministers while Takam Pario is the new face in the council of ministers. The newly inducted ministers include Tanga Byaling, Chowna Mein, Kalikho Pul, Kamlung Mossang, Tapang Taloh, Pema Khandu, Gojen Gadi, Kumar Waii and Pario.
Governor Lt Gen (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new ministers in a function held at the Darbar Hall of the Raj Bhawan here this evening.
Tuki was sworn in on May 18 last for a second consecutive term after ruling Congress won 42 seats. The portfolios of the ministers would be allocated tomorrow and two more ministers would be inducted in phased manners after due consultation with party`s high command, Tuki told reporters.
The appointment of parliamentary secretaries would be made on June 3 along with election of senior party Legislators Nabum Rebia as the new speaker of the Sixth Legislative Assembly which is commencing tomorrow, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 7th Pay Commission: All you should know
- Terrorists barge into BJP leader's residence in J&K's Chadoora, snatch AK-47 rifle from his PSO
- Mysore royal wedding: Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja's wedding attire was designed by Pramoda Devi. Know more facts
- Karnataka Police records statement of nursing student
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers