Arunachal children meet President Pranab Mukhejee
New Delhi: A group of 20 children, including six girls, from Arunachal Pradesh`s remote areas on Monday met President Pranab Mukhejee as part of their maiden trip to tour the country.
The children, hailing from areas like Seppa, Lower Subansiri, Upper Subansiri, Kurung Kumey, East Kameng, Papumpare and Bomdila districts have been brought on the excursion by the authorities of the border guarding force Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
Mukherjee interacted with the children at Rashtrapati Bhawan and asked the children about their experiences during their tour which had started on April 13 and wished them well for the future part of it.
The tour ends on 19th of this month and the children will visit the historical and tourist places of Delhi and Agra in Uttar Pradesh.
The ITBP is deployed in border areas of Arunachal Pradesh as part of guarding the 3,488 Kms long Sino-Indian frontier and the force conducts such tours with an aim to bring the border population closer to the country`s mainstream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends