Arunachal CM, 10 Congress MLAs win unopposed
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and four others won unopposed Wednesday securing 11 seats unopposed for Congress on April 9 assembly elections in the state.
Tuki won unopposed from Sagalee constituency and four others Phurpa Tsering (Dirang), Kameng Dolo (Pakke-Kessang), Nabam Rebia (Doimukh) and Lombo Tayeng (Mebo) secured victory along with seven others in the 60-member assembly.
The results of the uncontested seats would be formally announced on March 26, the last date for withdrawal of nominations.
The number of uncontested seats of the party rose to 11 after scrutiny as the nomination papers of BJP candidate Lhakpa Tsering from Dirang constituency was found invalid, thereby clearing the deck for Congress nominee Phurpa Tsering to get elected unopposed from the constituency, election office sources said here today.
Tourism Minister Pema Khandu (Mukto) and Rural Development Minister Tanga Byaling from Nacho constituency along with Punji Mara (Taliha), Bamang Felix (Nyapin), first- timer Mama Natung (Seppa West) and Takam Pario from Palin constituency in remote Kurung Kumey district have already been elected uncontested as no other candidates filed papers from those constituencies.
Meanwhile, the battle lines for the 60-members state assembly and two Lok Sabha seats in the state have been drawn with 144 candidates for assembly polls and eleven for parliamentary elections remaining in the fray after scrutiny of nominations.
Today was the last day of withdrawing of nominations. The tally of contesting candidates is: Congress (49), BJP (42), NCP (9), People`s Party of Arunachal (16), Naga People`s Front (11), AAP (1), Independents 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested