Arunachal CM announces one job to each member of household
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday said the government would provide at least one job to each member of a household, either in private, public sector or self-employment.
"We will target creation of one lakh new jobs during the five year period beginning from 2013 and create at least 25,000 such new opportunities during the current year. For skill development and capacity building, we have already set up Employment Generation and Skill Development Councils," Tuki informed while addressing the people on 27th Statehood Day here this morning.
Tuki lauded the people for reposing their faith in the state government and partnering in the development of the state.
"We have to rebuild, re-dedicate and reiterate our unity and march on with a sole mission of peace and progress. I and all my colleagues reaffirm our responsibilities of working tirelessly towards turning the aspirations of the people into reality," he said.
The last few years have brought about a positive change in the development trajectory of the state, he said.
"In 2007, the state`s per capita income was 10 per cent lower than the national per capita income. Today it is almost 10 per cent higher. Our annual growth rate during the 11th Five Year Plan has been 9.4 per cent, which is about 1.5 per cent higher than the national growth rate," Tuki pointed out.
"Our sincere efforts have resulted in realistic progress in health, education, agriculture, horticulture, sports, tourism and social sectors. We have also made progress in road communication and railway and air connectivity," he disclosed.
Tuki assured that the trans-Arunachal Highway, which is under construction, will connect and inter-link 11 districts of the state while Itanagar will be connected by a 4-lane highway with rest of the country. The railway connectivity is also fast coming up and the state will also be in the railway map of the country by March this year, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day