Arunachal CM announces one job to each member of household
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday said the government would provide at least one job to each member of a household, either in private, public sector or self-employment.
"We will target creation of one lakh new jobs during the five year period beginning from 2013 and create at least 25,000 such new opportunities during the current year. For skill development and capacity building, we have already set up Employment Generation and Skill Development Councils," Tuki informed while addressing the people on 27th Statehood Day here this morning.
Tuki lauded the people for reposing their faith in the state government and partnering in the development of the state.
"We have to rebuild, re-dedicate and reiterate our unity and march on with a sole mission of peace and progress. I and all my colleagues reaffirm our responsibilities of working tirelessly towards turning the aspirations of the people into reality," he said.
The last few years have brought about a positive change in the development trajectory of the state, he said.
"In 2007, the state`s per capita income was 10 per cent lower than the national per capita income. Today it is almost 10 per cent higher. Our annual growth rate during the 11th Five Year Plan has been 9.4 per cent, which is about 1.5 per cent higher than the national growth rate," Tuki pointed out.
"Our sincere efforts have resulted in realistic progress in health, education, agriculture, horticulture, sports, tourism and social sectors. We have also made progress in road communication and railway and air connectivity," he disclosed.
Tuki assured that the trans-Arunachal Highway, which is under construction, will connect and inter-link 11 districts of the state while Itanagar will be connected by a 4-lane highway with rest of the country. The railway connectivity is also fast coming up and the state will also be in the railway map of the country by March this year, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing