Arunachal CM asks Army to help rural people
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister
Nabam Tuki has urged the Army to reach out to rural people, particularly those in border areas, through its social welfare activities in line with the Army`s in-practice Operation Sadbhavana.
Along with its plans to expand army bases and manpower
in Arunachal Pradesh, the Army should also expand its people
friendly activities and earn respect and confidence of the
people. This will also ease the burden on the government,
Tuki pointed when Lt Gen Shakti Gurung, GOC, 4 Corp from Tezpur, called on him at his office yesterday, official sources said today.
Tuki emphasized the Army’s role to offer training courses to unemployed youths to facilitate gainful employment
besides making them fit to successfully get recruited into
Army as and when any recruitment is conducted.
Lt Gen Gurung assured the chief minister that the 3 Corp which is also under him, which covers Kameng Sector in the state, is keen to lend its helping hand to the people in far-flung areas.
He said Operation Sadbhavana, specifically meant for civilian welfare activities, is already in-practice in Assam.
The same would be extended to Arunachal Pradesh, probably under a different nomenclature that would equip and facilitate the Army to extensively undertake activities for welfare of the people, the Lt Gen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price