Arunachal CM calls for saving historical monuments
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister
Nabam Tuki has requested the Centre to help in development and
preservation of the state’s historical and holy sites and
provide assistance in promotion of its rich art and culture.
Calling on Union Minister for Culture Kumari Selja,
who also holds the portfolio of Housing and Poverty Elevation,
at New Delhi yesterday, Tuki emphasized that Arunachal Pradesh
with its vast and unexplored historical and mysterious
background has a potential in promoting tourism through its
historical sites and mythological importance, official sources
said here today.
He urged the Ministry of Culture to facilitate
conduction of surveys and investigations so that the existing
historical sites in the state can be listed as heritage sites
or come under the purview of the Archaeological Survey of
To point out a few, he cited the ruins of Itafort in
the state capital, Malinithan at Likabali, Parasuram Kund in
Lohit, Taklung Dzong near Kalaktang as well as the recently
discovered huge Shiv Ling near Ziro in Lower Subansiri
The chief minister observed that if all the sites of
historical and religious importance in the state are developed
and maintained, religious and historical tourism would
flourish, which in return would generate employment and income
for the local people, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?