Arunachal CM cracks whip on erring forest offic
Itanagar: Concerned over large scale encroachment of forest land and destruction of plantations by people in connivance with forest officials throughout Arunachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday cracked the whip on erring officials.
The state government is serious on protection of forest land and produces and suitable action will be taken on the officials? for dereliction of duties, Tuki informed the assembly in response to a question raised by Trinamool Congress member Laeta Umbrey during question hour.
The chief minister disclosed that altogether 3,056 people encroached on forest lands in various districts with the maximum number of 1,417 people under Namsai Forest Division followed by Nampong forest division (519), Lohit (412) and Banderdewa (375).
Our forest is the highest property of the country and we must protect it at any cost, Tuki said with conviction.
Citing lack of manpower as the major reason for the problem, the chief minister informed the house that the state government recently created the Forest Protection Force and had already sanctioned 288 posts.
Due to limited forest check gates in comparison to the vast stretch of state`s forest area, we cannot protect the entire area. Lots of forest produces are going outside the state illegally. However, with efforts being put by the government, the problem will be solved soon, he said.
Responding to another supplementary, Tuki said that during the past five years, encroachment to the extent of 55.249 hectares in Banderdewa forest division and 35 hectares in Dibang forest division were being reported.
Offence reports have been drawn against the encroachers and cases booked in the local courts, he informed adding, 35 such cases under Banderdewa division and seven in Dibang division were under trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks