Arunachal CM exhorts people to be partner in development initiative
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Thursday exhorted the people to be partner in the development initiatives of the state government in order to take the state to newer heights.
Unfurling the tri-colour on the occasion of 67th Independence Day celebration at Indira Gandhi Park here this morning, Tuki outlined his government`s efforts in development of this land-locked state.
Reiterating that his government would not tolerate criminal activities, Tuki said that efforts were taken to minimise crime in the state by strengthening the state police besides establishment of women police station in the capital to check crime against women.
"We are planning to set up specific women cells in all the districts and contemplating recruitment of 20 women sub-inspectors and 180 women constables soon which will strengthen the police force," he said, adding, 1, 526 constables of Arunachal Pradesh Police have been recruited from troubled Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts.
Moreover, he said, recruitment for the fourth and fifth IRBn had been completed and about 1760 personnel are undergoing training.
"The Union Home Ministry has approved one CRPF battalion of about 1000 personnel for Itanagar and in the next few months they will be deployed on duty," he said.
The Chief Minister said that Arunachal Pradesh became the second state in the country after Himachal Pradesh to raise its share of own resources in the annual plan financing in 2012-13.
"Our share was up by 134 percent which is tremendous achievement and we are committed to maintain the tempo in all coming years," he said.
Tuki said the state`s revenue from its own tax and non-tax resource was Rs 894 crore in the last fiscal showing an increase of 32 percent revenue collection of the previous year.
Tuki said that the state government`s initiative of one lakh employment generation programme was achieved successfully and his government was planning to conduct a two-day job mela and interview here from August 30 for employment generation in both public and private sectors in collaboration with the National Skill Development Council.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges