Arunachal CM exhorts people to be partner in development initiative
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Thursday exhorted the people to be partner in the development initiatives of the state government in order to take the state to newer heights.
Unfurling the tri-colour on the occasion of 67th Independence Day celebration at Indira Gandhi Park here this morning, Tuki outlined his government`s efforts in development of this land-locked state.
Reiterating that his government would not tolerate criminal activities, Tuki said that efforts were taken to minimise crime in the state by strengthening the state police besides establishment of women police station in the capital to check crime against women.
"We are planning to set up specific women cells in all the districts and contemplating recruitment of 20 women sub-inspectors and 180 women constables soon which will strengthen the police force," he said, adding, 1, 526 constables of Arunachal Pradesh Police have been recruited from troubled Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts.
Moreover, he said, recruitment for the fourth and fifth IRBn had been completed and about 1760 personnel are undergoing training.
"The Union Home Ministry has approved one CRPF battalion of about 1000 personnel for Itanagar and in the next few months they will be deployed on duty," he said.
The Chief Minister said that Arunachal Pradesh became the second state in the country after Himachal Pradesh to raise its share of own resources in the annual plan financing in 2012-13.
"Our share was up by 134 percent which is tremendous achievement and we are committed to maintain the tempo in all coming years," he said.
Tuki said the state`s revenue from its own tax and non-tax resource was Rs 894 crore in the last fiscal showing an increase of 32 percent revenue collection of the previous year.
Tuki said that the state government`s initiative of one lakh employment generation programme was achieved successfully and his government was planning to conduct a two-day job mela and interview here from August 30 for employment generation in both public and private sectors in collaboration with the National Skill Development Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister