Arunachal CM expands ministry
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday expanded his 15-day old ministry by inducting 11 ministers including four new faces.
Governor J J Singh administered the oath of office and secrecy to the newly inducted ministers at a simple ceremony held in the Durbar Hall of the Raj Bhavan here.
The four new faces are Deputy Speaker Tapang Taloh, Kamlung Mosang, Rajesh Tacho and Jarkar Gamlin, brother of Jarbom Gamlin whom Tuki replaced.
Six others -- Setong Sena, Atum Welly, Tanga Byaling, Bosiram Siram, Chowna Mein and Pema Khandu -- who were in the ministry of Gamlin were also inducted.
The 11th minister was Newlai Ting Khatra who had served as minister in Gegong Apang, Mukut Mithi and Dorjee Khandu ministries.
Stating that the new portfolios would be distributed in a day or two, Tuki told the media persons that ministers would work in team spirit, visit villages along with MLAs to bring a visible difference in the process of development.
AICC general secretary Dhoniram Sandil who arrived here from Delhi to attend the function, said despite "little setback", the congress government would prove its worth soon.
Tuki took oath on November one after months long dissidents activities led by him against Gamlin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA