Arunachal CM inaugurates water supply project
Itanagar: The usually water deficit Bomdila
township in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh has got
a new surge of life with the operationalisation of the water
supply project and subsequent inauguration of the water
treatment plant by Chief Minister Nabum Tuki on Friday.
Acknowledging the hard labour put in and the tremendous
pressure faced for timely completion of the project by PHED
Bomdila with the constant monitoring by technocrats in the
last six years, Tuki appreciated the engineers and the staff
for their dedication and accountability who were instrumental
in completion of the project, official sources said.
An amount of Rs 1709.23 lakh was sanctioned under
NLCPR (non lapsable central pool of resources) by DoNER during
March 2005 and Rs 398.50 lakh as Gap funding under SPA
(special plan assistance) by the state government in 2010-11
for the said project, sources said.
The source of the project lies in the deep jungles of
Banglejap near Mandala Phudung in the district located at an
altitude of 10,000 ft and 40 Km away from the township, which
therefore makes it the first of its kind in the whole of the
state, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?