Arunachal CM meets Jairam Ramesh
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Monday called on Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh at New Delhi and apprised him of the problems faced by the state relating to water supply and PMGSY roads schemes.
Ramesh during the course of discussion has assured that the fund allocation for the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) scheme under rural development would be increased from the present Rs 45,800 to Rs 75,000 per house, official sources said here.
For PMGSY, Ramesh informed that his Ministry would introduce a Special Dispensation for Arunachal Pradesh. To this effect, the Union Minister said that the length of the bridges would be increased from the present 50 meters up to a length of 100 metres.
Ramesh also gave his in-principle approval for connectivity to 270 habitations with a total cost of approximately Rs.1918 crores in the current financial year. He also approved for upgradation of 500 kms of the existing PMGSY roads in the state and has asked the state government to submit the proposal for the same, sources informed.
For the water supply schemes, the minister agreed to provide additional funds to the state.
The chief minister was accompanied by MP Takam Sanjoy, state Power and RD Minister Tanga Byaling, Social Welfare and WRD Minister Newlai Tingkhatra, Tourism and RWD Minister Pema Khandu along with Parliamentary Secretary (PHE) Karikho Kri and Palin MLA Takam Pario, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note