Arunachal CM seeks Rs 600 cr for development projects
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has requested the Centre to consider an additional allocation of Rs 600 crore for the state during this financial year to undertake various developmental projects.
Tuki called on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram at New Delhi on Saturday to make the plea to which both Singh and Chidambaram responded positively and assured to look into the matter urgently, official sources informed here today.
Sources said Chidambaram assured Tuki that he would personally initiate a special package for the development of roads in Arunachal Pradesh besides allocations for enhancing border trade in the state.
The chief minister thanked him for giving special attention to northeast in the Union Budget presented on Thursday.
Terming the budget pro-people and growth oriented, the CM especially mentioned the initiatives to enhance connectivity of the region with the help of organisations like World Bank, increased allocation for tribal and minority welfare schemes and the allocation for Food Security Mission.
Tuki opined that with the special focus on agriculture, the eastern region of the country would be able to usher in a second Green Revolution.
He was accompanied by a delegation including MP Takam Sanjoy, Power and RD Minister Tanga Byaling, Agriculture Minister Setong Sena, Parliamentary Secretaries Gadam Ete and Padi Richo, among others, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back