Arunachal CM suggests work-calendar based on clima
Itanagar: In order to derive fruitful results, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has suggested a work-calendar based on the distinct climatic conditions of the northeast region to plan and implement infrastructure projects.
The suggestion came up during the review meeting for Special Accelerated Road Development Programme for North East (SARDP-NE) and National Highway Development Programme (NHDP) held at Guwahati yesterday by Union Minister for Road, Transport & Highways C P Joshi, official sources said.
"Our region has a distinct climatic pattern different from the rest of the country.
Almost half the year is rainy season and therefore not feasible to execute works such as road projects. We get only few dry months before the financial year-end.
Therefore, we should have a planned work-calendar and adhere to it for visible development in an year," Tuki said.
The chief minister suggested that initial formalities from preparation of DPRs (detailed project reports) and estimates to getting approval of concerned Union Ministry, obtaining of clearances, sanctions and release of funds should be completed within the rainy months so that the actual work on the ground can be executed during the few dry months.
He asserted that only then actual progress of the work can be ascertained.
The review meeting was attended by PWD Ministers of north east states, officials from the Centre as well as from all state governments, other stakeholders like the Border Road Organization (BRO) and other private and public sector executing agencies, official sources said here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'