Arunachal CM suggests work-calendar based on clima
Itanagar: In order to derive fruitful results, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has suggested a work-calendar based on the distinct climatic conditions of the northeast region to plan and implement infrastructure projects.
The suggestion came up during the review meeting for Special Accelerated Road Development Programme for North East (SARDP-NE) and National Highway Development Programme (NHDP) held at Guwahati yesterday by Union Minister for Road, Transport & Highways C P Joshi, official sources said.
"Our region has a distinct climatic pattern different from the rest of the country.
Almost half the year is rainy season and therefore not feasible to execute works such as road projects. We get only few dry months before the financial year-end.
Therefore, we should have a planned work-calendar and adhere to it for visible development in an year," Tuki said.
The chief minister suggested that initial formalities from preparation of DPRs (detailed project reports) and estimates to getting approval of concerned Union Ministry, obtaining of clearances, sanctions and release of funds should be completed within the rainy months so that the actual work on the ground can be executed during the few dry months.
He asserted that only then actual progress of the work can be ascertained.
The review meeting was attended by PWD Ministers of north east states, officials from the Centre as well as from all state governments, other stakeholders like the Border Road Organization (BRO) and other private and public sector executing agencies, official sources said here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?