Arunachal CM suggests work-calendar based on N-E climate
Itanagar: In order to derive fruitful results, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has suggested a work-calendar based on the distinct climatic conditions of the northeast region to plan and implement infrastructure projects.
The suggestion came up during the review meeting for Special Accelerated Road Development Programme for North East (SARDP-NE) and National Highway Development Programme (NHDP) held at Guwahati yesterday by Union Minister for Road, Transport & Highways C P Joshi, official sources said.
"Our region has a distinct climatic pattern different from the rest of the country. Almost half the year is rainy season and therefore not feasible to execute works such as road projects. We get only few dry months before the financial year-end.
Therefore, we should have a planned work-calendar and adhere to it for visible development in an year," Tuki said.
The chief minister suggested that initial formalities from preparation of DPRs (detailed project reports) and estimates to getting approval of concerned Union Ministry, obtaining of clearances, sanctions and release of funds should be completed within the rainy months so that the actual work on the ground can be executed during the few dry months.
He asserted that only then actual progress of the work can be ascertained.
The review meeting was attended by PWD Ministers of north east states, officials from the Centre as well as from all state governments, other stakeholders like the Border Road Organization (BRO) and other private and public sector executing agencies, official sources said here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof