Arunachal CM Tuki meets BRO officials
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister
Nabam Tuki has advised Border Roads Organisation (BRO) to
evolve a working calendar with respect to implementation of
projects in Arunachal.
BRO officers of Project Arunank and Brahmank called
on the chief minister yesterday and apprised him of road
projects being implemented by them in the state, official
sources said here today.
While emphasizing completion of projects on time, he
expressed concern over complaints arising against the
organization not only from within the state but also from
union ministries and central government agencies.
If you do not complete projects on time while
maintaining quality, the state government has to bear the
brunt, he said.
Offering cooperation by his government, Tuki said he
expected same kind of response from the BRO.
Besides discussing the status of various projects
being undertaken by Project Arunank and Project Brahmank with
respective Chief Engineers AK Goyal and SK Pandey, Tuki also
urged them to recruit as many local people as possible from
project affected areas.
Rural Development Minister Tanga Byaling,
Commissioner PWD and Chief Engineer Highways were also present
at the meeting, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation