Arunachal CM urges govt to act on China map issue
New Delhi: Arunachal Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Monday said the NDA government should act appropriately and resolve the issue of China`s reported claim over the state in a recent map.
Reacting to questions about reports that China has in its recent map shown Arunachal Pradesh as its territory, the state`s Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today said it is wrong and he "rejected" any such actions.
"We have seen it in the media about the map... It is wrong and we have rejected it," he told reporters after meeting Environment and Forests Minister Prakash Javadekar.
He further said that the government should act appropriately in the matter to resolve it.
Earlier on Saturday, reacting strongly to reports that China had in a recent map shown Arunachal Pradesh as its territory, the Spokesperson in the External Affairs Ministry said "cartographic depiction" does not change reality on the ground and asserted that Arunachal was an integral part of the country.
"The fact that Arunachal Pradesh is integral and inalienable part of India has been conveyed to Chinese authority at several occasions including at the very highest level," he said.
Speaking to reporters here, Tuki also said that he had come to meet Javadekar as there are many hydro-electric projects in Arunachal Pradesh whose clearances are pending in the Environment and Forest ministry. He said that Javadekar had given him assurance in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal