Arunachal condemns NSCN (K) directives
Itanagar: Setting aside political differences,
several parties in Arunachal Pradesh today condemned the
reported move of the NSCN (K) in issuing directives to 12
elected representatives of Tirap and Changlang districts to
withdraw support to the Dorjee Khandu-led government.
Reportedly, the outfit in a notice issued by its chief S
S Khaplang, set a deadline till March 10 next for the MLAs to
withdraw support to Khandu or face dire consequences`.
The Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) while
condemning the NSCN (K)’s reported directive termed it the
handiwork of some persons with vested interests.
Arunachal has nothing to do with the Naga peace process
and the outfit has no right to interfere with state’s elected
government?, the party in a statement said.
The Dorjee Khandu-led government has not only ensured that
all state and central government packages and funds are
distributed equally among all the districts, it has also
established a separate Department of Tirap and Changlang to
look after the specific affairs of both the districts, the
Further, all the Congress MLAs are united and have
full faith in Khandu’s leadership, the party pointed out.
State NCP unit president Ngurang Pinch has expressed
concern over the outfit`s threat to legislators with "dire
consequences if they fail to oblige."
Factional fights between the NSCN (K) and NSCN (I-M)
have turned the area into a battleground with the situation
remaining alarming for a considerable period of time and
caused untold misery to the people and affected their
development, while the state government seems to be doing
precious little to reverse the situation to bring back peace,
The NCP has urged the state government to come up
with a strong stand to discourage the recurrence of such
Both the BJP and the All India Trinamool Congress
have expressed concern over the interference of NSCN (K) in
the state`s politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt