Arunachal denies involvement of militants in border dispute
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh on Tuesday denied
any involvement of underground elements in the ongoing impasse
on the inter-state boundary at Simhokho in Tirap district
adjacent to Assam`s Sibsagar district.
Terming the entire episode as man made, Home Minister
Tako Dabi claimed that the issue can be resolved at the lowest
level without involving the government of both the states.
"We have been monitoring the entire gamut of the issue
and found gross deviation of facts as claimed by Assam. The
hue and cry raised by the people was the handiwork of people
with vested interest from Bimlapur and other adjoining
villages of Assam," Dabi told reporters here.
"The media houses in Assam are exaggerating the entire
issue hiding the facts and want to show that Arunachal is
trying to wage a war with Assam," he claimed.
Giving a chronology of events since August 14 when
tension broke out between the two states after an under-
construction barrack of Assam police was demolished by
miscreants, Dabi said the facts which Assam projected were
"Politics has been playing a major role in the issue,"
Stating that Arunachal Pradesh had never at any point
of time encroached on an inch of Assam land, Dabi claimed that
during the days of greater Assam, lakhs of hectares of
Arunachal land were transferred to Assam from erstwhile North
East Frontier Agency (now Arunachal) without any discussion
with the people.
While appealing to the agitating students`
organisations of Assam to remove the economic blockade imposed
since Sunday, he called for maintaining status quo by both the
sides for restoring peace in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46