Arunachal district faces food crisis
Itanagar: Kurung Kumey district of Arunachal Pradesh is facing a food crisis with no stock of rice in the sub-depot at Ziro of the Food Corporation of India, an official said today.
Non-availability of rice in the sub-depot since October 20 last has created a visible food crisis in Kurung Kumey district, District Food and Civil Supply Officer Nabam Tagum said.
The people of the district are solely dependent on public distribution system (PDS) rice, he said.
"If the situation persists for another five or six days, the district administration will be unable to control it and the government staff may be compelled to move out of the district," Tagum said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam