Arunachal district faces food crisis
Itanagar: Kurung Kumey district of Arunachal Pradesh is facing a food crisis with no stock of rice in the sub-depot at Ziro of the Food Corporation of India, an official said today.
Non-availability of rice in the sub-depot since October 20 last has created a visible food crisis in Kurung Kumey district, District Food and Civil Supply Officer Nabam Tagum said.
The people of the district are solely dependent on public distribution system (PDS) rice, he said.
"If the situation persists for another five or six days, the district administration will be unable to control it and the government staff may be compelled to move out of the district," Tagum said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened