Arunachal district faces food crisis
Itanagar: Kurung Kumey district of Arunachal Pradesh is facing a food crisis with no stock of rice in the sub-depot at Ziro of the Food Corporation of India, an official said today.
Non-availability of rice in the sub-depot since October 20 last has created a visible food crisis in Kurung Kumey district, District Food and Civil Supply Officer Nabam Tagum said.
The people of the district are solely dependent on public distribution system (PDS) rice, he said.
"If the situation persists for another five or six days, the district administration will be unable to control it and the government staff may be compelled to move out of the district," Tagum said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh