Arunachal district faces food crisis
Itanagar: Kurung Kumey district of Arunachal Pradesh is facing a food crisis with no stock of rice in the sub-depot at Ziro of the Food Corporation of India, an official said today.
Non-availability of rice in the sub-depot since October 20 last has created a visible food crisis in Kurung Kumey district, District Food and Civil Supply Officer Nabam Tagum said.
The people of the district are solely dependent on public distribution system (PDS) rice, he said.
"If the situation persists for another five or six days, the district administration will be unable to control it and the government staff may be compelled to move out of the district," Tagum said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq