Arunachal Gov, CM greet people for Reh Festival
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh and Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today greeted the people of the state on the occasion of Reh Festival, an agro-based festival of the Idu-Mishmi community.
The Governor in his message prayed for peace and prosperity in the society and wished that divine mother `Nanyi Inyitaya` shower her blessings on every member of the society.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki while greeting the people of the state particularly the Mishmi community of Lohit, Dibang Valley and Anjaw districts, said "Festivals indeed strengthen the emotional integration and foster the feelings of brotherhood and mutual understanding amongst our citizens."
"Festivals showcase a tribe`s vibrant and rich cultural heritage and traditions," Tuki said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!