Arunachal Gov, CM greet people for Reh Festival
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh and Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today greeted the people of the state on the occasion of Reh Festival, an agro-based festival of the Idu-Mishmi community.
The Governor in his message prayed for peace and prosperity in the society and wished that divine mother `Nanyi Inyitaya` shower her blessings on every member of the society.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki while greeting the people of the state particularly the Mishmi community of Lohit, Dibang Valley and Anjaw districts, said "Festivals indeed strengthen the emotional integration and foster the feelings of brotherhood and mutual understanding amongst our citizens."
"Festivals showcase a tribe`s vibrant and rich cultural heritage and traditions," Tuki said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September