Arunachal Gov, CM greet people for Reh Festival
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh and Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today greeted the people of the state on the occasion of Reh Festival, an agro-based festival of the Idu-Mishmi community.
The Governor in his message prayed for peace and prosperity in the society and wished that divine mother `Nanyi Inyitaya` shower her blessings on every member of the society.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki while greeting the people of the state particularly the Mishmi community of Lohit, Dibang Valley and Anjaw districts, said "Festivals indeed strengthen the emotional integration and foster the feelings of brotherhood and mutual understanding amongst our citizens."
"Festivals showcase a tribe`s vibrant and rich cultural heritage and traditions," Tuki said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!