Arunachal Gov, CM greet people for Reh Festival
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh and Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today greeted the people of the state on the occasion of Reh Festival, an agro-based festival of the Idu-Mishmi community.
The Governor in his message prayed for peace and prosperity in the society and wished that divine mother `Nanyi Inyitaya` shower her blessings on every member of the society.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki while greeting the people of the state particularly the Mishmi community of Lohit, Dibang Valley and Anjaw districts, said "Festivals indeed strengthen the emotional integration and foster the feelings of brotherhood and mutual understanding amongst our citizens."
"Festivals showcase a tribe`s vibrant and rich cultural heritage and traditions," Tuki said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured