Arunachal Gov, CM greet people for Reh Festival
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh and Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today greeted the people of the state on the occasion of Reh Festival, an agro-based festival of the Idu-Mishmi community.
The Governor in his message prayed for peace and prosperity in the society and wished that divine mother `Nanyi Inyitaya` shower her blessings on every member of the society.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki while greeting the people of the state particularly the Mishmi community of Lohit, Dibang Valley and Anjaw districts, said "Festivals indeed strengthen the emotional integration and foster the feelings of brotherhood and mutual understanding amongst our citizens."
"Festivals showcase a tribe`s vibrant and rich cultural heritage and traditions," Tuki said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj