Arunachal Governor, CM observe Raksha Bandhan
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Lt Gen (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma and Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Sunday observed `Raksha Bandhan` at Raj Bhawan and CM`s official residence respectively.
The Governor along with his wife Jyotsna Sharma observed the day with members of `Brahma Kumari` at Raj Bhawan, a communiqué informed.
Raksha Bandhan is the festival of love and affection. The purpose of the festival is to strengthen the spirit of fraternal bonding, maintain communal harmony and reinforce peaceful coexistence, the Governor said and hoped that the occasion would promote universal love, brotherhood and peace in the world.
Tuki while celebrating the occasion assured to work with commitment towards peace and security of all, especially women and the girl child.
The Brahma Kumaris, students of Abotani Vidya Niketan and little girls from across the capital thronged the CM?s official residence here this morning and tied the sacred thread of Rakhi to the chief minister.
Sharing sweats and pleasantries, Tuki advised them to study hard and walk shoulder-to-shoulder with their brothers with pride and dignity.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate