Arunachal Governor, CM observe Raksha Bandhan
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Lt Gen (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma and Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Sunday observed `Raksha Bandhan` at Raj Bhawan and CM`s official residence respectively.
The Governor along with his wife Jyotsna Sharma observed the day with members of `Brahma Kumari` at Raj Bhawan, a communiqué informed.
Raksha Bandhan is the festival of love and affection. The purpose of the festival is to strengthen the spirit of fraternal bonding, maintain communal harmony and reinforce peaceful coexistence, the Governor said and hoped that the occasion would promote universal love, brotherhood and peace in the world.
Tuki while celebrating the occasion assured to work with commitment towards peace and security of all, especially women and the girl child.
The Brahma Kumaris, students of Abotani Vidya Niketan and little girls from across the capital thronged the CM?s official residence here this morning and tied the sacred thread of Rakhi to the chief minister.
Sharing sweats and pleasantries, Tuki advised them to study hard and walk shoulder-to-shoulder with their brothers with pride and dignity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming