Arunachal Governor for border devp to fulfil strategic need
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor J J Singh today emphasised on the need to develop border areas of the state to fulfill strategic objectives and provide better quality of life to people.
"The concept of border management should include an overall development of border areas and socio-economic uplift of people with an aim to incorporate them in the mainstream of the nation," he said at a seminar on `Need to develop critical infrastructure in border areas of Arunachal Pradesh` organised by ITBP here.
Referring to implementation of projects under Prime Minister`s economic package for Arunachal Pradesh and Border Area Development programmes, he highlighted the endeavour of the state government in developing border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch