Arunachal Governor for border devp to fulfil strategic need
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor J J Singh today emphasised on the need to develop border areas of the state to fulfill strategic objectives and provide better quality of life to people.
"The concept of border management should include an overall development of border areas and socio-economic uplift of people with an aim to incorporate them in the mainstream of the nation," he said at a seminar on `Need to develop critical infrastructure in border areas of Arunachal Pradesh` organised by ITBP here.
Referring to implementation of projects under Prime Minister`s economic package for Arunachal Pradesh and Border Area Development programmes, he highlighted the endeavour of the state government in developing border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family