Arunachal Governor highlights opportunities offere
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (retd) JJ Singh pitched for major issues confronting the state`s hydropower potentials, border trade and tourism especially religious tourism.
The Governor, who has been emphasizing on a more meaningful `Look East` policy, highlighted various opportunities offered by the region while delivering the keynote address in a workshop themed `Connecting India to ASIAN: Opportunities and Challenges in India`s Northeast,` in Singapore recently, an official communique informed in Itanagar on Sunday.
The workshop was organized by the Institute of South Asian Studies (ISAS). India`s `Look East` policy through Northeast in terms of geo-political and ground realities, connectivity, North East tourism and prospects of trade and development were discussed in details.
The Governor, who is on a five-day tour to Singapore, visited the Institute of Technical Education (ITE), Singapore to study the technical vocational training pattern in Singapore yesterday, the communique said.
He opined that the same can be implemented in Arunachal Pradesh for the benefit of youth, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre