Arunachal Governor meets religious leaders
Itanagar: The secular spirit of Arunachal Pradesh was a unique feature, Governor Lt Gen (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma has said and called upon heads of religious institutions to uphold it.
Addressing a ?Sarva Dharma? meeting at Raj Bhawan here yesterday evening, the governor asked religious heads to boost the spirit of brotherhood and eradicate social evils, official sources said here today.
Stating that drug abuse was destroying future generations, Sharma urged Dharma Gurus to discuss it as a social responsibility toward them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?