Arunachal Governor meets religious leaders
Itanagar: The secular spirit of Arunachal Pradesh was a unique feature, Governor Lt Gen (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma has said and called upon heads of religious institutions to uphold it.
Addressing a ?Sarva Dharma? meeting at Raj Bhawan here yesterday evening, the governor asked religious heads to boost the spirit of brotherhood and eradicate social evils, official sources said here today.
Stating that drug abuse was destroying future generations, Sharma urged Dharma Gurus to discuss it as a social responsibility toward them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB