Arunachal govt to give awards to meritorious students
Itanagar: Altogether 100 meritorious students will get laptops and cash awards under Chief Ministers Talent Search Award during the state government`s first ever `Vikash Rally` here Saturday.
The state government has allocated Rs four crore to the education department for cash award to meritorious students as per eligibility during 2013-14.
Rs three crore have been provided to the Planning Department for the purchase of laptops for students who have already been provided with cash awards during 2011-12 and 2012-13, official sources said today.
The state government is organizing the rally to highlight the achievement of the Nabam Tuki-led Congress government in the state. The rally also marks the completion of two year of the present government under Tuki who had assumed the office on November 1, 2011.
Also, selected farmers would be provided with tools and equipments and unemployed youths would get 16 tourist cabs, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed