Arunachal Home Minister vows to make capital `crime free` zone
Itanagar: In the wake of reported spurt in crime rate especially in the state capital, Home Minister Tanga Byaling has vowed to make the twin capital town of Itanagar and Naharlagun a `crime free` zone, according to an official statement here Tuesday.
"Why peace and order cannot be restored in the capital?" Byaling wondered at a meeting yesterday at said his priority would be to improve the law and order front of the state capital and other districts in phased manner.
He urged all the stakeholders including councilors of Itanagar Municipality to bear collective responsibility for effective policing, the statement said.
"I will not tolerate law-breakers ? be they relatives of ministers, MLAs or higher-ups or any officers. Police and magistrates should not show any leniency to criminals," he said at the meeting.
Byaling said the government was contemplating to issue ILP (inner line permit), gun license, PRC (permanent resident certificate) and driving license to beneficiaries online to put a check on third-party involvement linking money transaction.
He also announced to establish police posts in at least 15 out of 30 wards in Itanagar municipality to keep a vigil on law-breakers.
He said half of the crimes and law and order problems would be minimized upon installation of CCTV cameras and high-mast lighting system at vulnerable points, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- US President Barack Obama urges Vietnam to improve human rights to guarantee progress
- Sonu Nigam's new song 'Crazy Dil' has got the cutest surprise appearance ever – Watch to know
- Soldier killed in Kashmir gun battle cremated with full honours
- Two 'young' craters discovered on Moon