Arunachal Home Minister vows to make capital `crime free` zone
Itanagar: In the wake of reported spurt in crime rate especially in the state capital, Home Minister Tanga Byaling has vowed to make the twin capital town of Itanagar and Naharlagun a `crime free` zone, according to an official statement here Tuesday.
"Why peace and order cannot be restored in the capital?" Byaling wondered at a meeting yesterday at said his priority would be to improve the law and order front of the state capital and other districts in phased manner.
He urged all the stakeholders including councilors of Itanagar Municipality to bear collective responsibility for effective policing, the statement said.
"I will not tolerate law-breakers ? be they relatives of ministers, MLAs or higher-ups or any officers. Police and magistrates should not show any leniency to criminals," he said at the meeting.
Byaling said the government was contemplating to issue ILP (inner line permit), gun license, PRC (permanent resident certificate) and driving license to beneficiaries online to put a check on third-party involvement linking money transaction.
He also announced to establish police posts in at least 15 out of 30 wards in Itanagar municipality to keep a vigil on law-breakers.
He said half of the crimes and law and order problems would be minimized upon installation of CCTV cameras and high-mast lighting system at vulnerable points, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption