Arunachal Home Minister vows to make capital `crime free` zone
Itanagar: In the wake of reported spurt in crime rate especially in the state capital, Home Minister Tanga Byaling has vowed to make the twin capital town of Itanagar and Naharlagun a `crime free` zone, according to an official statement here Tuesday.
"Why peace and order cannot be restored in the capital?" Byaling wondered at a meeting yesterday at said his priority would be to improve the law and order front of the state capital and other districts in phased manner.
He urged all the stakeholders including councilors of Itanagar Municipality to bear collective responsibility for effective policing, the statement said.
"I will not tolerate law-breakers ? be they relatives of ministers, MLAs or higher-ups or any officers. Police and magistrates should not show any leniency to criminals," he said at the meeting.
Byaling said the government was contemplating to issue ILP (inner line permit), gun license, PRC (permanent resident certificate) and driving license to beneficiaries online to put a check on third-party involvement linking money transaction.
He also announced to establish police posts in at least 15 out of 30 wards in Itanagar municipality to keep a vigil on law-breakers.
He said half of the crimes and law and order problems would be minimized upon installation of CCTV cameras and high-mast lighting system at vulnerable points, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot