Arunachal landslide victims to get compensation
Itanagar: The next of kin of the four
victims who died here in landslides triggered by heavy rains
on July 19 would be paid Rs 25 lakh as compensation.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jarbon Gamlin has
sanctioned Rs 25 lakh for the victims of the capital to be
paid immediately by the relief and rehabilitation department,
Planning and Finance Minister Kalikho Pul told reporters here
He also instructed PWD & UD engineers to take up
immediate repair of roads and infrastructure damaged by the
heavy spell of rain since July 18 in the capital complex.
Stating that there was no dearth of money, Pul who
yesterday inspected sites damaged by heavy rain and
landslides, said funds were received under Central Road Fund,
DoNER, NEC, NLCPR, SPA and state plan.
"On one hand the government is blamed for lack of
maintenance of the capital and sector roads, while in many
places the damages as observed during inspection were mostly
for man-made reasons," Pul said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH