Arunachal landslide victims to get compensation
Itanagar: The next of kin of the four
victims who died here in landslides triggered by heavy rains
on July 19 would be paid Rs 25 lakh as compensation.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jarbon Gamlin has
sanctioned Rs 25 lakh for the victims of the capital to be
paid immediately by the relief and rehabilitation department,
Planning and Finance Minister Kalikho Pul told reporters here
He also instructed PWD & UD engineers to take up
immediate repair of roads and infrastructure damaged by the
heavy spell of rain since July 18 in the capital complex.
Stating that there was no dearth of money, Pul who
yesterday inspected sites damaged by heavy rain and
landslides, said funds were received under Central Road Fund,
DoNER, NEC, NLCPR, SPA and state plan.
"On one hand the government is blamed for lack of
maintenance of the capital and sector roads, while in many
places the damages as observed during inspection were mostly
for man-made reasons," Pul said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed