Arunachal landslide victims to get compensation
Itanagar: The next of kin of the four
victims who died here in landslides triggered by heavy rains
on July 19 would be paid Rs 25 lakh as compensation.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jarbon Gamlin has
sanctioned Rs 25 lakh for the victims of the capital to be
paid immediately by the relief and rehabilitation department,
Planning and Finance Minister Kalikho Pul told reporters here
He also instructed PWD & UD engineers to take up
immediate repair of roads and infrastructure damaged by the
heavy spell of rain since July 18 in the capital complex.
Stating that there was no dearth of money, Pul who
yesterday inspected sites damaged by heavy rain and
landslides, said funds were received under Central Road Fund,
DoNER, NEC, NLCPR, SPA and state plan.
"On one hand the government is blamed for lack of
maintenance of the capital and sector roads, while in many
places the damages as observed during inspection were mostly
for man-made reasons," Pul said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city