Arunachal minister lands in controversy
Itanagar: A senior Arunachal Pradesh
minister has landed in controversy after his children
allegedly submitted fake certificates for government jobs
while three of his aides were arrested for plotting to murder
an RTI activist who brought the matter to light.
Health Minister Atum Welly`s son Akung and daughter
Anung allegedly produced fake documents to secure the posts of
Inspector (Tax and Excise) and Social and Cultural Organiser
respectively in the state government.
When Payi Gyadi of the NGO Sango Lamte Foundation
filed an RTI with the Gauhati University, the varsity said
that the minister`s children did not pass out from the
colleges from where they allegedly obtained their degrees.
On June 6, police arrested three supporters of Welly
for planting a bomb in Gyadi`s car. Police said the trio
claimed they did it on Welly`s instructions.
In an interesting turn of events, Itanagar SP Chuku
Apa, who probed the attack case, was shifted to Delhi.
Apa, however, denied that his transfer has anything to
do with the bomb planting case.
"This is a routine transfer," he said. He refused
to elaborate on the fake certificate issue saying the matter
was sub-judice and was before the Gauhati High Court.
Sources said Gyadi wants CBI to probe the matter and
also sought the intervention of Congress president Sonia
Gandhi alleging the state government is sitting silent.
Gyadi`s wife has also sought police protection for her
The Chief Minister`s Office said no inquiry has been
initiated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read