Arunachal Pradesh affected by Bharat bandh
Itanagar: The dawn-to-dusk bandh called by NDA and its allied partners on Thursday protesting hike in petrol prices, affect normal life in Arunachal Pradesh including the state capital Itanagar.
All business establishments, educational institutions, central government offices and banking institutions remained closed while attendances in state government offices remained thin, official sources said.
Streets of Itanagar wore a deserted look with all sorts of commercial, public and private vehicles remaining off the road. However, state transport buses were seen plying with escorts.
The bandh enforcers however exempted the students who are appearing in the joint engineering and medical entrance examinations being conducted today.
The bandh remained peaceful with no reports of breach of law and order in any part of the state, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step