Arunachal Pradesh CM asks Union DoNER minister for funds
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has urged Union DoNER Minister Paban Singh Ghatowar to allocate funds to the state for skill development, capacity building and training programmes for the benefit of youths of the state.
During a meeting in New Delhi on Monday, Tuki apprised the Union minister of the special thrust given by the state government for employment generation and skill development activities, official sources said here on Tuesday.
Tuki said that he was committed to his target of generating one lakh employment within the stipulated time frame.
He reiterated that the support of ministry and the North Eastern Council was essential to meet the aspirations of the youth of the state who have the potential to make their careers in multiple sectors.
Lauding the skill development initiatives of the state government, the Union Minister assured that he would convene a meeting of high level officers of the ministry to discuss the scope of allocation of funds for skill development activities in Arunachal Pradesh.
In the meeting, both the leaders discussed and reviewed the status of infrastructure projects funded by DoNER in the state.
Upon the insistence of the Chief Minister, DoNER has recently taken steps for speedy implementation of projects in the state by expediting the techno economic clearances pending with the ministry of road transport and highways and ministry of urban development, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore