Arunachal Pradesh CM asks Union DoNER minister for funds
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has urged Union DoNER Minister Paban Singh Ghatowar to allocate funds to the state for skill development, capacity building and training programmes for the benefit of youths of the state.
During a meeting in New Delhi on Monday, Tuki apprised the Union minister of the special thrust given by the state government for employment generation and skill development activities, official sources said here on Tuesday.
Tuki said that he was committed to his target of generating one lakh employment within the stipulated time frame.
He reiterated that the support of ministry and the North Eastern Council was essential to meet the aspirations of the youth of the state who have the potential to make their careers in multiple sectors.
Lauding the skill development initiatives of the state government, the Union Minister assured that he would convene a meeting of high level officers of the ministry to discuss the scope of allocation of funds for skill development activities in Arunachal Pradesh.
In the meeting, both the leaders discussed and reviewed the status of infrastructure projects funded by DoNER in the state.
Upon the insistence of the Chief Minister, DoNER has recently taken steps for speedy implementation of projects in the state by expediting the techno economic clearances pending with the ministry of road transport and highways and ministry of urban development, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees