Arunachal Pradesh Dambuk assembly by-poll on October 31
Itanagar: The election authorities in Arunachal Pradesh were gearing up for the by-election to the Dambuk Assembly constituency on October 31.
State Chief Electoral Officer Chadra Bhushan Kumar said that the preparations were on in full swing with all arrangements in place for drafting polling personnel, sector magistrates and micro observers.
All statutory, non-statutory forms and covers along with other election materials have been dispatched to the district election officer at Roing, the district headquarters, for distribution to polling parties.
The Election Commission has appointed Stephen Hongray as Expenditure Observer for the bye-election. He is arriving at Dambuk today, an official notification said.
The DEO would hold a meeting with district civil and police officials for coordinating and conducting the election peacefully, it said.
Altogether 11, 228 voters including 5690 women would exercise their franchise in over 28 polling stations in the constituency.
The by-poll has been necessitated following the death of sitting MLA Jomin Tayeng in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP