Arunachal Pradesh Dambuk assembly by-poll on October 31
Itanagar: The election authorities in Arunachal Pradesh were gearing up for the by-election to the Dambuk Assembly constituency on October 31.
State Chief Electoral Officer Chadra Bhushan Kumar said that the preparations were on in full swing with all arrangements in place for drafting polling personnel, sector magistrates and micro observers.
All statutory, non-statutory forms and covers along with other election materials have been dispatched to the district election officer at Roing, the district headquarters, for distribution to polling parties.
The Election Commission has appointed Stephen Hongray as Expenditure Observer for the bye-election. He is arriving at Dambuk today, an official notification said.
The DEO would hold a meeting with district civil and police officials for coordinating and conducting the election peacefully, it said.
Altogether 11, 228 voters including 5690 women would exercise their franchise in over 28 polling stations in the constituency.
The by-poll has been necessitated following the death of sitting MLA Jomin Tayeng in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued