Arunachal Pradesh floods: IAF airlifts marooned people
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Thursday Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and requested him to depute a central team to the state to assess the damage caused by flood, sources here said.
The flood, caused by incessant rain, damaged roads and property in several districts, Tirap district being the worst of them.
IAF swimmers continued to rescue the marooned people from many places today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday