Arunachal Pradesh floods: IAF airlifts marooned people
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Thursday Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and requested him to depute a central team to the state to assess the damage caused by flood, sources here said.
The flood, caused by incessant rain, damaged roads and property in several districts, Tirap district being the worst of them.
IAF swimmers continued to rescue the marooned people from many places today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi