`Arunachal Pradesh is the most sensitive state of India`
Ziro: Arunachal Pradesh is the most sensitive state of India because of its rich ethnicity, Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy said, and called for maintaining communal harmony to accelerate the all-round development of the region.
Speaking at the Dree festival here, he said the divisive and communal forces were the greatest enemies for the society which should be tackled with an iron hand.
Announcing to ensure security and safety of every individual of his parliamentary constituency, he said the Government of Arunachal Pradesh led by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki is committed to ensure peace for the welfare of the state.
Dree has expanded its horizon and being celebrated all over the country, he said to underscore the richness of state`s all festivals including Dree, Nyokum, Solung, Mopin, Losar and Si-Doyi which are common binding force for the tribal society.
The tribes have maintained their age-old traditions and customs despite their migration millions of years ago from South Africa, he said, while cautioning the younger generations not to be influenced by alien cultures and religions. The societal development should be in unison with the tribal ethos and values, he emphatically said.
Responding to the plea of Land Management and UD Parliamentary Secretary and local MLA Padi Richo for help, he announced to put his weight behind the proposal for CD block for the constituency and getting the west ring road sanctioned under NLCPR.
A colourful programme by young and old in their best traditional attire punctuated the celebration that proved as to how Apatanis had guarded their culture zealously.
Earlier, the MP also released the first copy of a weekly newspaper - The Arunachal Herald, published by Nani Kojin as editor from Naharlagun, while Lower Subansiri deputy commissioner Marnya Ete released the debut solo audio album of Padi Tada - Yaapa (Youth).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?