`Arunachal Pradesh is the most sensitive state of India`
Ziro: Arunachal Pradesh is the most sensitive state of India because of its rich ethnicity, Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy said, and called for maintaining communal harmony to accelerate the all-round development of the region.
Speaking at the Dree festival here, he said the divisive and communal forces were the greatest enemies for the society which should be tackled with an iron hand.
Announcing to ensure security and safety of every individual of his parliamentary constituency, he said the Government of Arunachal Pradesh led by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki is committed to ensure peace for the welfare of the state.
Dree has expanded its horizon and being celebrated all over the country, he said to underscore the richness of state`s all festivals including Dree, Nyokum, Solung, Mopin, Losar and Si-Doyi which are common binding force for the tribal society.
The tribes have maintained their age-old traditions and customs despite their migration millions of years ago from South Africa, he said, while cautioning the younger generations not to be influenced by alien cultures and religions. The societal development should be in unison with the tribal ethos and values, he emphatically said.
Responding to the plea of Land Management and UD Parliamentary Secretary and local MLA Padi Richo for help, he announced to put his weight behind the proposal for CD block for the constituency and getting the west ring road sanctioned under NLCPR.
A colourful programme by young and old in their best traditional attire punctuated the celebration that proved as to how Apatanis had guarded their culture zealously.
Earlier, the MP also released the first copy of a weekly newspaper - The Arunachal Herald, published by Nani Kojin as editor from Naharlagun, while Lower Subansiri deputy commissioner Marnya Ete released the debut solo audio album of Padi Tada - Yaapa (Youth).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?