`Arunachal Pradesh is the most sensitive state of India`
Ziro: Arunachal Pradesh is the most sensitive state of India because of its rich ethnicity, Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy said, and called for maintaining communal harmony to accelerate the all-round development of the region.
Speaking at the Dree festival here, he said the divisive and communal forces were the greatest enemies for the society which should be tackled with an iron hand.
Announcing to ensure security and safety of every individual of his parliamentary constituency, he said the Government of Arunachal Pradesh led by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki is committed to ensure peace for the welfare of the state.
Dree has expanded its horizon and being celebrated all over the country, he said to underscore the richness of state`s all festivals including Dree, Nyokum, Solung, Mopin, Losar and Si-Doyi which are common binding force for the tribal society.
The tribes have maintained their age-old traditions and customs despite their migration millions of years ago from South Africa, he said, while cautioning the younger generations not to be influenced by alien cultures and religions. The societal development should be in unison with the tribal ethos and values, he emphatically said.
Responding to the plea of Land Management and UD Parliamentary Secretary and local MLA Padi Richo for help, he announced to put his weight behind the proposal for CD block for the constituency and getting the west ring road sanctioned under NLCPR.
A colourful programme by young and old in their best traditional attire punctuated the celebration that proved as to how Apatanis had guarded their culture zealously.
Earlier, the MP also released the first copy of a weekly newspaper - The Arunachal Herald, published by Nani Kojin as editor from Naharlagun, while Lower Subansiri deputy commissioner Marnya Ete released the debut solo audio album of Padi Tada - Yaapa (Youth).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok