Arunachal Pradesh Lokayukta, 6 other Bills tabled in House
Itanagar: Seven Bills were introduced on the first day of the three-day Budget session of the Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly on Tuesday.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Lokayukta Bill, to facilitate establishment of a Lokayukta in the state to inquire into allegations of corruptions against public functionaries and related matters.
Tuki, who also holds the Finance portfolio, presented the Vote on Account (for four months) for the 2014-15 fiscal.
State Education Minister Bosiram Siram introduced the Arunodaya University Arunachal Bill and the North East Frontier Technical university (NEFTU) Bill, paving way for establishment of two private universities in the state.
Siram, who is also the state Parliamentary Affairs minister, introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Salaries, Allowances and Pension of members of the Legislative Assembly (Amendment) Bill.
While Rajesh Tacho, Town Planning and Urban Local Bodies minister introduced the Member of Arunachal Pradesh Urban Local Bodies (disqualification on ground of defection) Bill and The Arunachal Pradesh Building (Lease, Rent and Eviction) Control Bill, state Horticulture Minister Setong Sena introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Horticultural Produce, Marketing and Processing Board Bill in the Assembly.
The discussion on the Bills would take place on March 6, Assembly sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city