Arunachal Pradesh Lokayukta, 6 other Bills tabled in House
Itanagar: Seven Bills were introduced on the first day of the three-day Budget session of the Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly on Tuesday.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Lokayukta Bill, to facilitate establishment of a Lokayukta in the state to inquire into allegations of corruptions against public functionaries and related matters.
Tuki, who also holds the Finance portfolio, presented the Vote on Account (for four months) for the 2014-15 fiscal.
State Education Minister Bosiram Siram introduced the Arunodaya University Arunachal Bill and the North East Frontier Technical university (NEFTU) Bill, paving way for establishment of two private universities in the state.
Siram, who is also the state Parliamentary Affairs minister, introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Salaries, Allowances and Pension of members of the Legislative Assembly (Amendment) Bill.
While Rajesh Tacho, Town Planning and Urban Local Bodies minister introduced the Member of Arunachal Pradesh Urban Local Bodies (disqualification on ground of defection) Bill and The Arunachal Pradesh Building (Lease, Rent and Eviction) Control Bill, state Horticulture Minister Setong Sena introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Horticultural Produce, Marketing and Processing Board Bill in the Assembly.
The discussion on the Bills would take place on March 6, Assembly sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM