Arunachal Pradesh media complains Congress offers money to journalists
Itanagar: The media fraternity in Arunachal Pradesh has lodged a complaint with the Election Commission against Congress accusing it of offering money to journalists.
The Arunachal Press Club and the Arunachal Pradesh Union of Working Journalist in their complaint yesterday alleged that Congress had offered cash to media persons during the release of party`s manifesto at Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan here on March 27 last.
According to the media persons who attended the function, cash was offered in a sealed envelope. When one journalist enquired about the content, it was found that those contained cash and they were returned immediately.
When they lodged complaint with the APCC President Mukut Mithi and Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, both expressed ignorance about the incident, the mediamen alleged.
Taking suo motu cognizance of press reports on the matter, Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Chandra Bhusan Kumar has sought a reply from the party.
"We have asked for a written reply from the party on the report and within two days the reply will be forwarded to the Election Commission in Delhi," the CEO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi