Arunachal Pradesh MP seeks Centre`s help for solving dam issue
Itanagar: Lok Sabha MP from Arunachal Pradesh, Takam Sanjoy, has urged the Centre to immediately intervene into the `impasse` over the Lower Subansiri dam issue and help solve the issue once for one and all.
Sanjoy, in separate letters yesterday, sought the intervention of Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Minister of State (independent charge) for Power Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia for a permanent solution to the problem.
“Kindly intervene in the matter so that the construction of the 2,000MW Subansiri Lower Project could be started without further delay, which will pave the way for the expeditious development of hydropower in Arunachal Pradesh,” Sanjoy wrote, official sources said today.
Sanjoy requested the Centre to constitute a committee consisting of government representatives from Arunachal Pradesh and Assam besides NHPC and the Joint Secretary of Power Ministry which is to be headed by Union Minister of State or an MP of the region so that a permanent solution to the problem could be arrived at.
The construction work of the 2,000 MW Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project, located at Gerukamukh along Assam-Arunachal border, has come to a standstill since December 2011 in the wake of a series of agitation launched by Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti, All Assam Students’ Union and other local organisations in Assam.
The executing agency, NHPC, is unable to transport the construction materials such as turbines and other equipment to the project site at Gerukamukh because of the strike by the agitating groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'