Arunachal Pradesh: NERIST employees end agitation
Itanagar: The week-long agitation by employees of North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology (NERIST) has ended following the intervention by All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU).
The agitation ended yesterday after a delegation of AAPSU led by its president Kamta Lapung held a meeting with NERIST director Deepankar Pal, institute sources said.
The apex students body urged the employees to end their agitation so as not to cause further academic loss of the students.
The NERIST employees had been agitating over non-implementation of its 10-point charter of demands including old pension scheme, departmental promotion committee as per rationalised staff structure (RSS) and regularisation of 21 contractual employees.
NERIST, a deemed university fully funded and controlled by the union ministry of human resource development, was set up in 1984 and offers courses in unconventional and innovative academic science and technology.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference