Arunachal Pradesh: NERIST employees end agitation
Itanagar: The week-long agitation by employees of North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology (NERIST) has ended following the intervention by All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU).
The agitation ended yesterday after a delegation of AAPSU led by its president Kamta Lapung held a meeting with NERIST director Deepankar Pal, institute sources said.
The apex students body urged the employees to end their agitation so as not to cause further academic loss of the students.
The NERIST employees had been agitating over non-implementation of its 10-point charter of demands including old pension scheme, departmental promotion committee as per rationalised staff structure (RSS) and regularisation of 21 contractual employees.
NERIST, a deemed university fully funded and controlled by the union ministry of human resource development, was set up in 1984 and offers courses in unconventional and innovative academic science and technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad