Arunachal Pradesh: NERIST employees end agitation
Itanagar: The week-long agitation by employees of North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology (NERIST) has ended following the intervention by All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU).
The agitation ended yesterday after a delegation of AAPSU led by its president Kamta Lapung held a meeting with NERIST director Deepankar Pal, institute sources said.
The apex students body urged the employees to end their agitation so as not to cause further academic loss of the students.
The NERIST employees had been agitating over non-implementation of its 10-point charter of demands including old pension scheme, departmental promotion committee as per rationalised staff structure (RSS) and regularisation of 21 contractual employees.
NERIST, a deemed university fully funded and controlled by the union ministry of human resource development, was set up in 1984 and offers courses in unconventional and innovative academic science and technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack