Arunachal Pradesh: NERIST employees end agitation
Itanagar: The week-long agitation by employees of North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology (NERIST) has ended following the intervention by All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU).
The agitation ended yesterday after a delegation of AAPSU led by its president Kamta Lapung held a meeting with NERIST director Deepankar Pal, institute sources said.
The apex students body urged the employees to end their agitation so as not to cause further academic loss of the students.
The NERIST employees had been agitating over non-implementation of its 10-point charter of demands including old pension scheme, departmental promotion committee as per rationalised staff structure (RSS) and regularisation of 21 contractual employees.
NERIST, a deemed university fully funded and controlled by the union ministry of human resource development, was set up in 1984 and offers courses in unconventional and innovative academic science and technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts