Arunachal Pradesh: NERIST employees end agitation
Itanagar: The week-long agitation by employees of North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology (NERIST) has ended following the intervention by All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU).
The agitation ended yesterday after a delegation of AAPSU led by its president Kamta Lapung held a meeting with NERIST director Deepankar Pal, institute sources said.
The apex students body urged the employees to end their agitation so as not to cause further academic loss of the students.
The NERIST employees had been agitating over non-implementation of its 10-point charter of demands including old pension scheme, departmental promotion committee as per rationalised staff structure (RSS) and regularisation of 21 contractual employees.
NERIST, a deemed university fully funded and controlled by the union ministry of human resource development, was set up in 1984 and offers courses in unconventional and innovative academic science and technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price