Arunachal Pradesh: Tea garden manager rescued
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh police has rescued a tea garden manager from Lohit district who was abducted by armed ultras of the United Peoples` Democratic Front on September 12.
C N Pandey, the manager of Sati Tea Estate at Piyom under Namsai sub-division in Lohit district, was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in the evening last Wednesday when he was alone in his bungalow.
The tea garden is owned by state Finance, Planning and PWD Minister Chowna Mein.
The police rescued Pandey from a jungle near Wagon Pathar Under Namsai sub-division at around 11. 45 PM last night in a stable condition, Lohit SP S Kuruvilla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city