Arunachal Pradesh: Tea garden manager rescued
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh police has rescued a tea garden manager from Lohit district who was abducted by armed ultras of the United Peoples` Democratic Front on September 12.
C N Pandey, the manager of Sati Tea Estate at Piyom under Namsai sub-division in Lohit district, was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in the evening last Wednesday when he was alone in his bungalow.
The tea garden is owned by state Finance, Planning and PWD Minister Chowna Mein.
The police rescued Pandey from a jungle near Wagon Pathar Under Namsai sub-division at around 11. 45 PM last night in a stable condition, Lohit SP S Kuruvilla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read