Arunachal Pradesh: Tea garden manager rescued
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh police has rescued a tea garden manager from Lohit district who was abducted by armed ultras of the United Peoples` Democratic Front on September 12.
C N Pandey, the manager of Sati Tea Estate at Piyom under Namsai sub-division in Lohit district, was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in the evening last Wednesday when he was alone in his bungalow.
The tea garden is owned by state Finance, Planning and PWD Minister Chowna Mein.
The police rescued Pandey from a jungle near Wagon Pathar Under Namsai sub-division at around 11. 45 PM last night in a stable condition, Lohit SP S Kuruvilla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?