Arunachal Pradesh: Tea garden manager rescued
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh police has rescued a tea garden manager from Lohit district who was abducted by armed ultras of the United Peoples` Democratic Front on September 12.
C N Pandey, the manager of Sati Tea Estate at Piyom under Namsai sub-division in Lohit district, was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in the evening last Wednesday when he was alone in his bungalow.
The tea garden is owned by state Finance, Planning and PWD Minister Chowna Mein.
The police rescued Pandey from a jungle near Wagon Pathar Under Namsai sub-division at around 11. 45 PM last night in a stable condition, Lohit SP S Kuruvilla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India remembers Kargil War hero Captain Anuj Nayyar who died in 1999
- Who are you? Guide to top seeds` rivals at 2016 US Open
- Low oxygen level kills thousands of peanut bunker fish in Keansburg marina- Watch!
- Dilshan equalled services of Jayawardena, Sangakkara for Sri Lankan cricket: Mathews
- Egypt frees renowned rights lawyer Malek Adly