Arunachal Pradesh: Tea garden manager rescued
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh police has rescued a tea garden manager from Lohit district who was abducted by armed ultras of the United Peoples` Democratic Front on September 12.
C N Pandey, the manager of Sati Tea Estate at Piyom under Namsai sub-division in Lohit district, was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in the evening last Wednesday when he was alone in his bungalow.
The tea garden is owned by state Finance, Planning and PWD Minister Chowna Mein.
The police rescued Pandey from a jungle near Wagon Pathar Under Namsai sub-division at around 11. 45 PM last night in a stable condition, Lohit SP S Kuruvilla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore