Arunachal Pradesh to formulate Sports Policy
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh is all set
to formulate a Sports Policy soon to give a fillip to sports
While inaugurating a football tournament here last
evening, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki said that the new policy
would focus on to tap the sporting talent in the state,
official sources said here on Monday.
Tuki asserted that sports in the modern era have
attained the status of an industry, which no state can neglect
if it has to carve a niche for itself in a competitive world.
“Our state is abounding with natural talents.
This is amply proved by our sportspersons excelling in fields
like weightlifting, karate, badminton and mountaineering.
Therefore, my government has decided to give impetus to this
sector and facilitate the growth of sports activities," he
The state government had already sanctioned Rs 20
crore under Special Plan Assistance (SPA) for development of
sports infrastructure across the state.
Further, to encourage raw and natural talent hidden
in rural and interior villages to come overboard, the state
government has sanctioned Rs 2 crore to hold sporting
activities at the panchayat levels all over the state.
The Chief Minister said that he would soon pass an
order to all the deputy commissioners to utilize at least 10
per cent of the untied funds available with them in sports
activities in their respective districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing