Arunachal Pradesh to formulate Sports Policy
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh is all set
to formulate a Sports Policy soon to give a fillip to sports
While inaugurating a football tournament here last
evening, Chief Minister Nabam Tuki said that the new policy
would focus on to tap the sporting talent in the state,
official sources said here on Monday.
Tuki asserted that sports in the modern era have
attained the status of an industry, which no state can neglect
if it has to carve a niche for itself in a competitive world.
“Our state is abounding with natural talents.
This is amply proved by our sportspersons excelling in fields
like weightlifting, karate, badminton and mountaineering.
Therefore, my government has decided to give impetus to this
sector and facilitate the growth of sports activities," he
The state government had already sanctioned Rs 20
crore under Special Plan Assistance (SPA) for development of
sports infrastructure across the state.
Further, to encourage raw and natural talent hidden
in rural and interior villages to come overboard, the state
government has sanctioned Rs 2 crore to hold sporting
activities at the panchayat levels all over the state.
The Chief Minister said that he would soon pass an
order to all the deputy commissioners to utilize at least 10
per cent of the untied funds available with them in sports
activities in their respective districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest