Arunachal Pradesh to take up pending projects issue with centre
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Urban Development (UD) Minister Pema Khandu has assured that pending projects of the urban development and housing (UDH) departments will be taken up with the Centre soon.
Khandu gave this assurance after visiting, along with Parliamentary secretary for UD Tesi Kaso, the departments to take first-hand knowledge of the activities yesterday, an official press release said here today.
The minister asked the officers to liaise with their counterparts in the ministry to bring maximum benefit to the state.
During the meeting, UD secretary Kapa Kholie and director Taba Tedir apprised the duo of the problems confronting the department.
Kholie made a Power Point presentation on the departments activities and sought the ministers intervention to overcome bottlenecks.
Housing director Techi Gubin and town planner Likha Suraj also made presentations on issues and activities in their jurisdictions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?