Arunachal PWD minister criticises slow TAH building
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh PWD Minister Chowna Mein has urged the highway engineers and contracting agencies to take serious note of the slow progress of the Trans-Arunachal Highway project (TAH), a part of the ambitious mega developmental project announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during 2008.
Addressing a review meeting with the engineers and representatives of contracting agencies here yesterday, Mein said slow progress cannot be attributed to longer monsoon, official sources informed here today.
"The engineers and the contracting agencies should devise proper work programmes to expedite implementation," he said.
The state government is very serious about timely implementation of the highway projects and will not hesitate to debar non-performing contracting agency from participation in future bidding, including termination of contract in extreme cases," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened