Arunachal PWD minister criticises slow TAH building
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh PWD Minister Chowna Mein has urged the highway engineers and contracting agencies to take serious note of the slow progress of the Trans-Arunachal Highway project (TAH), a part of the ambitious mega developmental project announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during 2008.
Addressing a review meeting with the engineers and representatives of contracting agencies here yesterday, Mein said slow progress cannot be attributed to longer monsoon, official sources informed here today.
"The engineers and the contracting agencies should devise proper work programmes to expedite implementation," he said.
The state government is very serious about timely implementation of the highway projects and will not hesitate to debar non-performing contracting agency from participation in future bidding, including termination of contract in extreme cases," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!