Arunachal PWD minister criticises slow TAH building
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh PWD Minister Chowna Mein has urged the highway engineers and contracting agencies to take serious note of the slow progress of the Trans-Arunachal Highway project (TAH), a part of the ambitious mega developmental project announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during 2008.
Addressing a review meeting with the engineers and representatives of contracting agencies here yesterday, Mein said slow progress cannot be attributed to longer monsoon, official sources informed here today.
"The engineers and the contracting agencies should devise proper work programmes to expedite implementation," he said.
The state government is very serious about timely implementation of the highway projects and will not hesitate to debar non-performing contracting agency from participation in future bidding, including termination of contract in extreme cases," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday