Arunachal PWD minister criticises slow TAH building
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh PWD Minister Chowna Mein has urged the highway engineers and contracting agencies to take serious note of the slow progress of the Trans-Arunachal Highway project (TAH), a part of the ambitious mega developmental project announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during 2008.
Addressing a review meeting with the engineers and representatives of contracting agencies here yesterday, Mein said slow progress cannot be attributed to longer monsoon, official sources informed here today.
"The engineers and the contracting agencies should devise proper work programmes to expedite implementation," he said.
The state government is very serious about timely implementation of the highway projects and will not hesitate to debar non-performing contracting agency from participation in future bidding, including termination of contract in extreme cases," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report