Arunachal records rise in tourist flow
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh recorded a substantial increase in flow of both domestic and foreign tourists in the past three years, state`s Tourism Minister Pema Khandu said.
"An amount of 1.65 crore was earned as revenue by the department from tourists in the period," Khandu said in reply to a question raised in the Assembly on Friday.
The Minister informed that his department was giving more stress on advertisements, capacity-building of stakeholders and promotional activities to raIse tourists` flow in the state.
"Apart from focusing on rural tourism, the department is resolute to encouraging local entrepreneurs to take up tourism as industry for their income generation as well as for uplifting state economy," Khandu said.
He said during 2009, over 1.99 lakh tourists (including 3,945 foreign), visited the state while the figure rose to over 2.32 lakh (3,395 foreign) in 2010 and last year over 2.37 lakh (foreign 4,753) tourists visited the state.
"The state government has constructed 23 tourist lodges in various tourist circuits during the period," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal