Arunachal secular to the core: Muslim cleric
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh`s secular character is evident from the fact that no communal riot was reported from this state, a senior Muslim cleric said today.
New Delhi-based chief Imam of the All India Imam Organisation Umer Ahmed Ilyasi said that education is the indicator of development and sports and it has contributed to the picturesque state earning global recognition.
Calling the state as `mini India`, he said that people from all parts of the country have been living here in absolute harmony.
Terming Ilyasi`s visit to the most strategically located state of India as historic, Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy said, "We may be tribals with unique cultures and traditions, but are staunch patriots and secular, and have made the state a `mini India`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price