Arunachal secular to the core: Muslim cleric
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh`s secular character is evident from the fact that no communal riot was reported from this state, a senior Muslim cleric said today.
New Delhi-based chief Imam of the All India Imam Organisation Umer Ahmed Ilyasi said that education is the indicator of development and sports and it has contributed to the picturesque state earning global recognition.
Calling the state as `mini India`, he said that people from all parts of the country have been living here in absolute harmony.
Terming Ilyasi`s visit to the most strategically located state of India as historic, Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy said, "We may be tribals with unique cultures and traditions, but are staunch patriots and secular, and have made the state a `mini India`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY