Arunachal secular to the core: Muslim cleric
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh`s secular character is evident from the fact that no communal riot was reported from this state, a senior Muslim cleric said today.
New Delhi-based chief Imam of the All India Imam Organisation Umer Ahmed Ilyasi said that education is the indicator of development and sports and it has contributed to the picturesque state earning global recognition.
Calling the state as `mini India`, he said that people from all parts of the country have been living here in absolute harmony.
Terming Ilyasi`s visit to the most strategically located state of India as historic, Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy said, "We may be tribals with unique cultures and traditions, but are staunch patriots and secular, and have made the state a `mini India`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use