Arunachal, Sikkim sign MoU for tourism
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim have signed a memorandum of understanding for undertaking joint programmes in the tourism sector.
Arunachal Pradesh Tourism Minister Pema Khandu signed the MoU with his Sikkim counterpart Bhim Dhungel on Thursday at Gangtok, official sources said here on Saturday.
During an hour-long meeting, Khandu, highlighting the ancient pilgrimages of Arunachal such as Tzari and Pema-kho, advocated for a Buddhist circuit comprising of Sikkim, Bhutan and Arunachal Pradesh.
Dhungel endorsed the issues raised by Khandu and agreed that both Sikkim and Arunachal could jointly work in the tourism sector for mutual benefit.
Tourism managers of both the states agreed that the Protected Area Permit was a major bottleneck for foreign tourists and resolved to jointly address the problem by placing it before the Home Ministry.
They also decided to move the North East MPs Forum for taking up the matter at their level, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi participates in SCO annual meet in Tashkent
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- EPL: Leicester striker Jamie Vardy agrees new contract with Premier League champions
- Govt mulls converting unused airports into SEZs
- India's NSG membership to be discussed at special session in Seoul tonight
- Check manabadi.com for BIE Telangana/TS Board Intermediate 1st Year / 2nd Year Examination Results 2016, Telangana BIE Class 12 Supplementary Results 2016
- 34 PhD holders and 12,000 engineers apply for 4th grade job in MP