Arunachal, Sikkim sign MoU for tourism
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim have signed a memorandum of understanding for undertaking joint programmes in the tourism sector.
Arunachal Pradesh Tourism Minister Pema Khandu signed the MoU with his Sikkim counterpart Bhim Dhungel on Thursday at Gangtok, official sources said here on Saturday.
During an hour-long meeting, Khandu, highlighting the ancient pilgrimages of Arunachal such as Tzari and Pema-kho, advocated for a Buddhist circuit comprising of Sikkim, Bhutan and Arunachal Pradesh.
Dhungel endorsed the issues raised by Khandu and agreed that both Sikkim and Arunachal could jointly work in the tourism sector for mutual benefit.
Tourism managers of both the states agreed that the Protected Area Permit was a major bottleneck for foreign tourists and resolved to jointly address the problem by placing it before the Home Ministry.
They also decided to move the North East MPs Forum for taking up the matter at their level, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre