Arunachal: Stipend for meritorious students raised
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh government has
decided to enhance the stipend money for meritorious students, a demand raised by the All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU) time and again.
The AAPSU recently had threatened to launch a bandh
call on February 2 next if the state government did not
enhance the stipends of the students immediately.
The decision to enhance students’ stipends was taken
yesterday during a meeting here between Education Minister
Bosiram Siram and AAPSU members led by its president Takam
Tatung besides other state government officials, official
sources informed today.
As proposed, the stipend of meritorious college students has been enhanced to Rs 830 from existing Rs 380 per month, while the average students will get Rs 735 in place of present Rs 380.
Likewise, the school students? enhanced stipend will be
Rs 560 for class I to V, Rs 575 (class VI to VIII) and Rs 600
for class IX to XII (with an increase of Rs 200 in each
The government has also agreed to release the stipend
on monthly basis. This is for the first time that the state
government has enhanced the stipend of students to such high,
While appreciating the government for agreeing to meet
the long-felt demand of the union, Tatung stated that the
AAPSU has deferred its proposed bandh call on Thursday.
During the meeting, the AAPSU president also called
upon the Planning and Finance departments to make single
window clearance system for the movement of files related to
education department, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof