Arunachal: Stipend for meritorious students raised
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh government has
decided to enhance the stipend money for meritorious students, a demand raised by the All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU) time and again.
The AAPSU recently had threatened to launch a bandh
call on February 2 next if the state government did not
enhance the stipends of the students immediately.
The decision to enhance students’ stipends was taken
yesterday during a meeting here between Education Minister
Bosiram Siram and AAPSU members led by its president Takam
Tatung besides other state government officials, official
sources informed today.
As proposed, the stipend of meritorious college students has been enhanced to Rs 830 from existing Rs 380 per month, while the average students will get Rs 735 in place of present Rs 380.
Likewise, the school students? enhanced stipend will be
Rs 560 for class I to V, Rs 575 (class VI to VIII) and Rs 600
for class IX to XII (with an increase of Rs 200 in each
The government has also agreed to release the stipend
on monthly basis. This is for the first time that the state
government has enhanced the stipend of students to such high,
While appreciating the government for agreeing to meet
the long-felt demand of the union, Tatung stated that the
AAPSU has deferred its proposed bandh call on Thursday.
During the meeting, the AAPSU president also called
upon the Planning and Finance departments to make single
window clearance system for the movement of files related to
education department, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'